question

nielmalanhuis avatar image
nielmalanhuis asked

Force battery to recharge from grid via Remote Panel or VRM app

I have a grid tied system (Multipluss II, CerboGX, SmartSolar MPPT regulating 4 x 450 W PVs and Pylontech US3000C batteries), that is running with Virtual Switch enabled and Grid Ignore while SOC is > 62 % and load is < 2 KW. All items are inter-connected. There are times when it is required to force the system to recharge the batteries to Bulk manually (i.e. not wait for a battery or load condition). This is due to being connected to an unreliable grid which can shut down at any time for extended periods. Question: Is it possible to force a re-charge from grid session via the Remote Console or the VRM app?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

With the ESS assistant it would be easy.
You can switch the system to "keep batteries charged" or program a schedule for daily/weekly charging.

Maybe you can use the "general flag" and some "programmable relay" assistants (+ a switch or a relay of the cerbo) to do that but that will need some testing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nielmalanhuis avatar image nielmalanhuis commented ·

We can not use ESS at all due to the pre-paid meter locking out when even the smallest amount of energy is fed back into the grid, for example this happens when switching off heavy loads. This is a very common request from many users in my area. Please consider adding this feature if possible.

0 Likes 0 ·