question

maa avatar image
maa asked

RUUVI - Void in VRM curves

Hello everyone,

Following an exchange with RUUVI support, it seems that the CERBO GX cannot retrieve the history stored on the RUUVI sensor (for info 10d max).

Because of this, there will always be holes in the curves. :(

However the RUUVI support (and me too) thinks that it would be a good idea of evolution to add this functionality even if it had to be manual. From my point of view it could also be programmable, it would be simpler.

What do you think?

Isn't this forum a melting pot of good ideas???

To read you

pbtemp.jpg

ruuvi sensors
pbtemp.jpg (17.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

This would be useful for me too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Maa,

Because of this, there will always be holes in the curves. :(

This raises the question of why these gaps arise. If your GX device is always connected to the VRM portal, this should not actually be possible, unless the Ruuvi sensor loses contact with the GX device, in which case the Bluetooth connection between the two devices should be checked and improved if necessary.

Isn't this forum a melting pot of good ideas?

Yes, it is :-)

3 comments
2 |3000

maa avatar image maa commented ·

Thank you Stephanie for your feedback.

To answer your 2 questions:

- Loss of CERBO/VRM link, no because still online long live the fiber

-Loss of BT between CERBO/RUUVI, yes despite a D-Link US400 adapter as advised on your site

Are there BT repeaters like there are for WiFi?

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
This is true

But...

I have them dotted around my land monitoring various things and no way of getting BT to them apart from my phone and walking upto them to make connections and download data to the app.

If i could get the data into VRM it would be easier to spot trends ect.

I understand this may not be practical but it would be useful.

-1 Like -1 ·
maa avatar image maa nesswill commented ·

I share 100%

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic