question

jth avatar image
jth asked

is it possible to change the Multiplus Modus automatically (Off<->Inverter)

Components from my Camper:
Raspberry Pi Venus OS 2.94 FW
Multiplus 12/3000/120 5.02 FW
MPPT 150/85 rev2 1.61 FW
900WP Solar
BMV 712 4.13 FW
2 x Excide ES2400 210Ah Gel
Orion 12/12/30
Smart Shunt 500 4.14 FW
1 x Varta 100Ah Acid

Problem:
I have to change daily the operation modus from the Multiplus at 8:00AM from OFF to Inverter and at 9:00 PM from Inverter to OFF.

Now I do it manually via VRM Portal.

[Mod note: Moved to Modifications Space for increased visibility to other users of non-expressly-supported Victron systems]

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @JTH

I believe there's a few ways to do this. Depending on your setup/requirements.

If you have Venus os Large installed you could use Node red for this (Ve.Bus system control node and then select switch position and either pass one of the criteria 0,1 etc depending on a time node). This option is probably easiest/doesn't involve another system, and has a somewhat user friendly interface if you ever need to quickly change times for example.

Or as you mentioned also possible using Modbus TCP or even mqtt if preferred.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-2.90.xlsx

Here's the List of registers for modbus tcp, I think the one you're after Address 33 vebus Switch position.

Similarly via MQTT the topic for reading would be

N/<VRM portal ID>/vebus/<device instance>/mode

For writing

W/<VRM portal ID>/vebus/<device instance>/mode

Give me a shout if you need a hand/more detail on any of the above.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.