question

msharp157 avatar image
msharp157 asked

BMV 712 Seems to have failed

I installed a BMV 712 on my sailboat as part of a Battery Management system two years ago. I just returned from a trip and went to the boat and the unit is not working. It is on and shows a code. I have attached a picture with the code. None of the buttons on the front will work and I cannot connect with Bluetooth. An Electronics friend took it hope and bench tested it with no better results. Has it failed? If so, what might have happened. The boat has been at my marina in the US with AC shore power applied the entire time. The batteries are all fine.img-2520.jpeg

victron community
img-2520.jpeg (2.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Check the wire between the shunt and the display (RJ45 ?) as sometimes poor contacts on these cause loss of readings on the monitor especially on boats where the shunt may not be in the best environment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Wonder if it's a Bluetooth issue locking it up. Bt200 might mean that. If it's not the cable connection, probably a dealer job. 5 year warranty.

1 comment
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic