question

Angus Tobey avatar image
Angus Tobey asked

Auto Turn on/off inverter.

Hi all,

I am running a fridge and freezer over night with a victron inverter (Phoenix 12/1200) During the day we are powered by a generator./ Which charges the batteries, but the fridge and freezer are still powered by the inverter during the day.

At the moment the inverter is on all the time.

My first question is: is this okay?

My second question would be if it's beneficial to turn the inverter off during the day, how would I achieve and automatic switch over from inverter power to generator power?

Thankyou.

inverter rs
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It would be good to know what device you have.
1 Like 1 ·
Angus Tobey avatar image Angus Tobey Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Phoenix 12/1200
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Depending on which model you have exactly there are slightly different ways to switch it ON/OFF.

For all ways you need some kind of signal that the generator is running or not and connect that signal to the remote switch of the inverter.

Take a look in the manual of you device.

Manuals can be found online:
https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Angus Tobey avatar image
Angus Tobey answered ·

Hi,

Sorry to be clear.

The Inverter is capable, I'm just curious about how I would wire it up and what other things I would need to achieve this?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic