question

kaypea avatar image
kaypea asked

Solar charger graph says 'Old Data' in title

On my advanced tab, the graph that shows the Solar Charger Summary now shows Old Data! go to Device list under the title. I'm sure this wasn't there previously, and when you goto the device list, everything seems normal, and the data displayed also seems normal.

How do I get rid of this alert/notice since everything appears to be correct.?? Thank you.

VRMgraph
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jengi avatar image jengi commented ·

img-3166.jpegImage CaptionSame here, and no more data before October 31

img-3167.png
0 Likes 0 ·
img-3166.jpeg (302.6 KiB)
img-3167.png (441.0 KiB)
thtruck avatar image thtruck commented ·

Yes i have it too for 2 days now. Both of my MPPT's are and were fully updated. When as guided i go to device list and do a scan the message disappears for a sec or two to return again. @mvader (Victron Energy) or others what's going on?

0 Likes 0 ·
ronski avatar image ronski thtruck commented ·
I also have this, see further down this page. When viewing my VRM by a public link the device serial numbers can be seen after clicking on device list and expanding the devices.
0 Likes 0 ·
8 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey all; this is noted - I'll ask the developers to check on this.

Also noted with regards to the serial numbers @Ronski

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

This should be fixed now.

3 comments
2 |3000

thtruck avatar image thtruck commented ·

Yes it is. Can you tell what the issue was?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ thtruck commented ·
For solar chargers, there were sometimes 2 rows for the same device in our database, with one being the up to date data and the other one old data, so it would show the warning because the database contained old data for that device. We solved it by only looking at the valid row.
1 Like 1 ·
thtruck avatar image thtruck Jarco van Roest (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for explaining Jarco!
0 Likes 0 ·
kaypea avatar image
kaypea answered ·

No one else had this problem?

4 comments
2 |3000

gainestr avatar image gainestr commented ·

I’ve had the same issue for over 6 months. The message is only on the Solar Charger Summary widget but the data is being updated correctly and the device page does not show any additional devices that aren’t active.

EDIT: I noticed that if I have VRM two-way communication turned on, the message disappears. Turning VRM two-way communication back off makes the message reappear.

1 Like 1 ·
ajmacleod avatar image ajmacleod commented ·
I've been seeing the same thing the past few days at least. Everything seems to be working correctly otherwise…
0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill ajmacleod commented ·

Me too says Old Data! go to Device list but it all live?

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill nesswill commented ·
arr fixed it...

i have a wind turbine and because it is inactive it says it has not been undated for 2 hours but all PV devices report the error but when i refresh it the message goes away.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What does it show in the device list?
Can you please make some screenshots of the device list and the message in the advanced tab?

2 |3000

Cristian avatar image
Cristian answered ·

antiguoas.jpg

vmr.jpg

El mensaje solo está en el widget Resumen de mppt

antiguoas.jpg (26.1 KiB)
vmr.jpg (72.5 KiB)
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

Same problem but...

arr fixed it...

i have a wind turbine and because it is inactive it says it has not been updated for 2 hours but all PV devices report the error but when i refresh it the message goes away.

2 |3000

ronski avatar image
ronski answered ·

I've also had this a couple of time last week, noticed it when viewing my shared site (so not logged in), but what concerns me more is that clicking on the Device List link shows all my equipments serial numbers when expanded! Not sure what risk that poses but its not something that is normally available on a shared site.

advanced.jpg

screenshot-2.jpg

advanced.jpg (35.4 KiB)
screenshot-2.jpg (81.0 KiB)
2 |3000

r-f avatar image
r-f answered ·

I am also experiencing this issue. I have live data coming in but a warning on my battery summary and my solar charger data

2 |3000

Related Resources