question

kwangmoon avatar image
kwangmoon asked

Blue Smart IP65 15A not bulk charging

Hi,

I recently purchased this charger and am trying to charge a 100AH LiFoPO4. The unit goes straight into absorption charge after a few seconds of bulk.

I've read a number of posts in this forum about the same issue but have yet to find a post with a resolution.

Some info:

• Charger firmware: v3.25
  • Battery: new LiFoPo4 (about 6 months old). Terminals are fine with good connection to the charger
  • I have also tried to charge a lead acid 100AH AGM (normal profile) - it does the same thing

Has anyone been able to fix this issue?

chargerip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thisisanewusername avatar image
thisisanewusername answered ·

Looks like a common problem with no solution. I'm having the same issue unfortunately.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Chargers go into absorption from bulk based on measured battery voltage and charger settings.

You'll need to check the charger settings, measure the battery voltage to see what's happening.

Absorption is simply a fixed voltage stage of charging. It does not mean the battery isn't being charged, just that the maximum charging voltage has been reached.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic