question

thekock avatar image
thekock asked

Victron Lithium battery in engine bay

Hi All. Busy converting my dual battery setup to AGM/Lithium rather than the current lead acid/AGM setup. Would it be possible/advisable to install the Victron Lithium 100ah battery inside the engine bay or will the heat be an issue? The vehicle is a Toyota Hilux with a non turbo 2.4L Diesel motor as well as a viscous fan moving plenty air constantly when the motor is running. The reason for engine bay placement is that I have space and wiring will be minimal, but in saying that I do not want to create a fireball when out on a trip!! Will be running the Smart BMS CL12/100 as well.

smart lithium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

What is your maximum under-the-hood engine temperature? Will that temperature, cause the battery to exceed its maximum allowed charge temperature of 113° F? The higher the heat, the faster the degradation ...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thekock avatar image thekock commented ·
Have ordered the Victron Battery temp monitor and will test that first.......but I think its going to be close......
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic