question

rene-89 avatar image
rene-89 asked

MP2 Update failed - cannot find VE.BUS

After installed the whole ESS System I wanted to update my MP2 48/5000/70 to the newest Firmware. It startet fine but lost connection. Tried IT again and said "no VE. DIRECT" device found and made a warning Light "Boot-loader" :-/ error Code 745 "cannot find VE.Bus System"

I updated it via Cerbo GX, no BMS, no Inverter or other things connected. Cerbo got voltage from 48v battery Pack. I dont have MK3-usb.

Do you have any idea how to Set it back to dealer config... Is there a way to update without ve.bus

Othet LAN cables tested

Thanks & bes regards

Rene

Multiplus-IIfirmware updateVE.Busreboot
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If the update via the VRM Portal failed you need a MK3 interface to update the MultiPlus with VEflash.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rene-89 avatar image rene-89 commented ·
would be glad if this will work so easy ^^ Thanks for fast response!
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ rene-89 commented ·
Before you can start the update via VRM Portal you get many text to read and confirm, one of them warns exactly about that.
0 Likes 0 ·
rene-89 avatar image rene-89 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
yeah I read it ... but .... no, nothing .. in the future: dont change a running system ^^ interface ordered. Better update to firmware which MP2 came with or last one, which I wanted to update to?
0 Likes 0 ·
rene-89 avatar image
rene-89 answered ·

UPDATE:

MP2 is alive! I disconnected All energies (Grid and battery) over night and started it again in the morning without any fault. IT also hve the new Firmware. I could send the config over Cerbo. And for the Moment it works fine.

Thanks for help to Matthias

2 |3000