question

tedownes avatar image
tedownes asked

Historical data. no data to display

I'm having an issue with seeing grid info on historical data on VRM. All i get is 'no data to display' where the graph should be and the pie charts below are also missing with 0% next to where they would be.

My system is a 5KV Multi with a connection to the grid on AC in. It is disconnected 20h of the day and connected 4h when electricity is cheaper. When connected all loads are transferred to AC in (obviously) and the battery charges too.

Why is this AC in (grid) consumption not shown on VRM historical data. It can be seen in the advanced tab. Also, other systems i have which are installed and used in the same way show the energy consumed and used to charge the battery in the historical data grid tab correctly.

I use a few kw per day from the grid but most of this is for charging the batteries, the only load on the system when on grid is a couple of freezers.

Thanks

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tedownes avatar image
tedownes answered ·

Figured out the answer. Most the info can be found in the link on VRM which says something like "why is there no graph data?", logical place to put it I know, I should have looked harder. Basically, turn on 'has DC system' on Venus OS, then all consumption data started logging for me. Under system overview I only had solar yield, now it shows consumption too. The consumption tab now populates where as before it didn't at all. The solar yield tab only had battery charging data but now has split into two bars, one for consumption and one for battery charging. The grid tab is still unpopulated, this is due to my Multi being an old 19 microprocessor, don't think there is a solution for this. Hope this helps others.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

Same problem: on VRM, the dashboard normally shows data on real time with changes every few seconds. Historical details for load, battery charging, panel charging stops at 02:41 local solar time, which is confirmed on the advanced panel.

Thence, the problem could be on the vrm server? at 02:41 we are deeply asleep and not fiddeling with our lan.

Not a problem for now, but when I am away for a long time, and for some computing on that data, it could become awkward!

My installation: Stand alone, 2kWp (2 blue solar MPPT 150/65), 12 OPZS 1220Ah C20 (10 y old) BMV 712, Miltiplus 24/5000/230, CCGX, VRM 7c3866ed15f8. Communication throu modem router 4G. which works fairlywell.

2 |3000