question

tobyfw avatar image
tobyfw asked

No AC Loads, but AC Loads oscillates - after grid meter installed

Dear community,

This is my setup:
pv-anlage-2.png

Basically, the standard setup with solar on DC, AC-OUT and AC-IN.

This is the overview screen at night time (inverting from battery):

venus.png

VRM is the same. I wonder where the AC Loads number comes from - as you can see, I do not have any non-critical AC loads, only AC-IN solar, but it is currently 0W (night time).

Is this the Multiplus' own usage? Does not seem like it - it is not stable, but oscillates just like the grid load. It is mostly zero, but every 20 seconds or so jumps around wildly.

Something is not right. A measuring error?

Please note that the screen looked more or less right, as long as the ESS meter was set to "Internal". That is, without using a grid meter, only the PV solar meter:

venus2.png

The layout is also much cleaner. I found out that AC-IN and AC-OUT inverters are summed up under PV inverter and was able to separate the two values using a simple mod of the interface files (hence the +)

But this configuration does not use the grid meter... it was slow to regulate the grid feed to when doing zero-feed-in, so I thought I need to add a grid meter, as recommended. But maybe that was a mistake.

System is one phase.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

ESSEnergy MeterAC PV Coupling
pv-anlage-2.png (477.1 KiB)
venus.png (31.9 KiB)
venus2.png (58.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Lots of calculations happening and you may find that if there is a difference between calcs the number has to be put somewhere, if its small then just call it a rounding issue. also in time the error may disappear as the calc's are refined,

make sure everything is on the latest fw especially the cerbo gx (you could try the latest beta software as a trial, and see if that helps , this is in setting and under fw on the cerbo, if strange things happen with the beta return to the latest release.

also look at guimods addon this is not a victron product but does the screen cals diferantly

I this is just a suggestion.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.