question

Yusef Neblett avatar image
Yusef Neblett asked

Huawei ESM-48XXA1 Compatibility Request

Hello,

I have a brand new 48/5000/70 Multiplus that I want to hook up with a Huawei ESM-4875A1 lithium battery bank. I know those lithium batteries are not currently under the Battery Compatibility , but I got a good deal for those Batteries.

I have followed BYD and Freedomwon Lithium instructions for CAN bus communication but my CCGX is not seen the batteries. A standard straight through CAT5e Ethernet cable can be used with these lithium Batteries.

Is there any venus software level adjustment need it to do from Victron in order to communicate with the CAN bus of these batteries?

Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Controlbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Yus,

Please read this similar question where Victron addressed the same issue, and also some additional useful information provided by others:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/983/new-battery-storage-system-ssl-energie-esafe.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Yusef Neblett avatar image Yusef Neblett commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the information. I have some Linux skills, will follow the instructions.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·