question

hallohieristjan avatar image
hallohieristjan asked

Cannot connect to SmarSolar 75/10 after failed firmware upgrade

Hello,

after connecting to my SmartSolar 75/10 with VictronConnect via Bluetooth for the first time, a firmware upgrade was triggered. The upgrade failed (there was a message saying that the device didn't install a new bootloader, but that installing a new bootloader was expected, or something similar). When I try to connect again, there is a status bar raising until 60%, then back to 1%, then up until 60% again, and then there is an error message saying that the connection has failed and suggesting that I move my mobile closer to the SmartSolar. Shortly before it falls back to 1%, all three LEDs flash a few times.

I suspect that the connection issues are due to the failed firmware upgrade. Is there any chance I can fix the connectivity?

VictronConnectsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @hallohieristjan

Please remove the device in the bluetooth menu of the phone/tablet. This is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_Bluetooth%20Smart-Removing-from-the-list-of-paired-devices

After this, you should be able to connect again and finish the firmware upgrade.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hallohieristjan avatar image hallohieristjan commented ·
This works, thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic