question

Rod avatar image
Rod asked

Quattro Assistants

Need some help with assistants on my Quattro. my objective is to have AC 2 OUT power when SOC is greater than 98% and turn off below 90% SOC when I'm at anchor. However, I want AC 2 to power ON whenever Genset or Shore is connected regardless of SOC. Below are the assistants I am using but when on shore or Genset AC2 OUT is not powered until above SOC 98%. I thought multiple conditions were OR not AND statements. Any help on how to achieve what I am after much appreciated.

1st assistant

• Use AC Out 2 relay
  • Set relay on
  • when any AC available for 10 seconds
  • when SOC higher than 98%

2nd assistant

• Use AC Out 2 relay
  • Set relay off
  • when any AC not available for 10 seconds
  • when SOC lower than 90%

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@Rod

For the off condition remove the ac not available if you want it to only be off again on SOC.

By setting is both on and off on ac condition, you basically have re added the preset/default condition of being off when there is no ac in.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rod avatar image Rod commented ·
Thanks, that makes sense I will give it a try.
0 Likes 0 ·
No that didn't work, SOC is currently 84% with the generator on and AC2 OUT not powered.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Not 100% sure but if you set all ON conditions in one assistant they ALL have to be true (AND).

It's better to add one assistant for each ON condition.

2 comments
2 |3000

This is from the Victron website;

Combining Multiple Assistants

Multiple Assistants can be used in one unit. For example the Programmable Relay is often used multiple times. When doing so; this is how they are evaluated:

- an ON condition always has priority over an OFF condition - multi-criteria in the ON ( or OFF ) list go by the OR principle.

However, this doesn't appear to work in my case or do I have the order wrong? I followed your suggestion and made one condition per assistant and AC2 Out was still off below 90% SOC despite shore power being on. Still working on it.....

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Rod commented ·
@Rod

Try switching both conditions OFF first. Then add the 2 ON assistants.

Imagine your Quattro reading the list as a group, then taking action. The ones further down get the final word. Then imagine this happening continuously.

1 Like 1 ·