question

faure avatar image
faure asked

More details on the ground relay

Greetings Victron Community

Can someone provide more details on the internal ground relay itself. Are there any specifications and/or standards the relay is adhering to and what other safety features are included to ensure the ground relay is always in a working condition and that the neutral earth bridge is properly established.

Thank you in advance

RelayGrounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Faure When in inverter mode, If you check voltage on output between neutral and earth and it is zero, the ground relay is working.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

faure avatar image faure commented ·
Dear Trevor, thank you and noted. I however would like to know what specifications and/or standard does that relay and the working of that relay adhere to as this is a critical safety feature for networks with TN-S earthing arrangements. I expect this relay not to be a standard of the shelve relay, hence the request for more technical details. Would you be able to assist?
0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird faure commented ·
@Faure sorry I dont have the details of the exact relay.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Trevor Bird commented ·
The simplest way is to open the unit, look at the relay and look it up online.....
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ faure commented ·
If you search for ground relay errors on the victron site you will find a lot of information.
0 Likes 0 ·
faure avatar image faure nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Nick, I did find that information and that was helpful. The other posts did not provide clarity on specifications and/or standards the relay and the monitoring that goes with it adheres to. Really hope someone would be able to assist.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic