question

dlong20 avatar image
dlong20 asked

Tank 140 Rounding

I am having an issue with the tank 140 and there seems to be a bug in the calculations of full.

Also, I would really like to see the sensor value reading go to the hundredth decimal place and also have the ability to set the full and empty values to the hundredth decimal place.

Is there a reason behind this? In this scenario I would really like to see 100%.

discord-rv-travel-nomad-chimp.png
bug reporttank monitorgx 140
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
@dlong20 you havent shown us sensor value when empty. Some sensors have low voltage for empty and high voltage for full (European standard) and other have high voltage for empty and low voltage for full (USA standard). It would be good to know all of the parameters so comment can be made. It is possible that the sensor has a lower voltage for full than empty so that needs to be considered. The percentage will be 100% when the right conditions are met. Just to test, please take the "sensor value when full" up to 2.4 volts and see what results.
0 Likes 0 ·
dlong20 avatar image dlong20 Trevor Bird commented ·
The sensor value when empty is set to zero. This particular sensor goes from 0-5v. This is a gray water tank so as the level of the tank goes up the voltage value goes up.

If my sensor value when full is set to 2.1 then when the sensor reads 2.1 or above my expectation would the that would be 100% full. 2.3 should certainly be 100% full.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird dlong20 commented ·
@dlong20 if you are certain that 0volt = empty and 5v = full and not the other way around then I agree. If however 0 volt = full and 5volt = empty then what you are seeing makes sense.
0 Likes 0 ·
dlong20 avatar image dlong20 Trevor Bird commented ·
yep 100% sure :)
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Do you have any entries in the 'custom shape' menu? Any entries there will effect the level output reading.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dlong20 avatar image
dlong20 answered ·

@derrick thomas I do not have any custom shape entries at this time.

2 |3000

Related Resources

GX Tank 140 product page

Connecting tank monitoring to Cerbo GX

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic