question

wongamatt avatar image
wongamatt asked

How do I turn solar “on” with easysolar 48/5000

hi, recently installed an easysolar-IIgs 48/5000. upon installation all is working correctly howerver i cant get the solar mppt to "turn on" using the dashboard it seems like the only option that doesnt let tou enter or change relay state? kind regards

dashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's always on. If there's sufficient solar input it starts charging.

If you use Victron connect to connect to the MPPT, you'll have access to the settings.

Probably a good idea for you to check out DVCC and enable that on the GX.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wongamatt avatar image wongamatt commented ·
The one line LCD display literally says “solar off” and likewise it is reflected as off in the remote console with no option to turn it on that I can find. DVCC is however off, I’ll start with that. Thanks for the input
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ wongamatt commented ·
It will be in an off state if minimum PV voltage isn’t ~6V above the required battery charge level. What are your panel voc specs and configuration?
0 Likes 0 ·
wongamatt avatar image wongamatt nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I have a second MOPT charge controller 250/100 and it works fine with same leads connected. It’s displaying a message “disabled by remote or BMS” in the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ wongamatt commented ·
Which batteries/BMS?
0 Likes 0 ·
wongamatt avatar image wongamatt kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Nothing to do with the batteries as the second charger (not within an easysolar rig) works as intended with the same batteries and wires!
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ wongamatt commented ·
that is important info to know.

do you have its remote port jumper in?

0 Likes 0 ·
wongamatt avatar image wongamatt klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
It’s a stack of agm 6 volt cells. Remote wire from the easy solar is connected to the H terminal. If I can’t find a solution I’ll put a jumper in?
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ wongamatt commented ·

@wongamatt the mppt in the easy solar is the 1 that does not charge?

Check this post and be very careful. Disconnect ac and batteries before removing any covers.

0 Likes 0 ·
gerard-van-seventer avatar image
gerard-van-seventer answered ·

Some of the solar chargers inside the EasySolar are incorrectly wired. See this

Maybe yours has the same. It's an easy fix.

2 |3000

wongamatt avatar image
wongamatt answered ·

Yes this was my first thought after navigating the online dashboard thing for a few hours… google says the wire should be in the H terminal, and I confirmed it’s there. Out of curiosity can I brute fires this and out the jumper in line a non remote controlled model?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic