question

Luke Shannon avatar image
Luke Shannon asked

Midnight Solar Charge Controllers with Cerebro GX?

I need to add arc fault protection to my solar install to pass my electrical inspection (in Ontario over 80v requires arc fault). I have tried everything to find a stand alone DC arc fault detection option to no avail. I'm looking at replacing my Victron MPPT charge controllers with Midnight solar MPPT controllers as they come with both arc fault and ground fault built-in. Is there a way to integrate them with my Cerebro so I can still see the energy from my PV?

fault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Triton avatar image
Triton answered ·

I have the same concern, although not mandatory where I live it would certainly be a safer install with less risk considering how I have seen some installers abuse PV cables during installation. Integration of both arc and ground fault protection would certainly add value. Please let us know if you did find a standalone option. Morningstar has a GFPD but I haven't been able to find stock.

https://www.morningstarcorp.com/products/ground-fault-protection-device/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.