question

ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman asked

Geofence issues

I used to use the geofence feature but have not had it in a while. today I hooked up a USB GPS to the cerbo and after a few minutes the cerbo showed the GPS position. I went into VRM portal to set a geo fence as I was going to leave the boat anchored for a few hours while I took the dinghy into town. I went to geofence page and clicked the slider and save. There was no way to draw the geofence box, clicking on the map did nothing. I rattled around the settings for a bit and while I was doing that the geofence triggered and set an alarm on the VRM page. Now the geofence page has disappeared from VRM portal so I cannot even get back to disable it. What happened to Geofence? My portal ID is c0847d9b4af2

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bhcreasy avatar image bhcreasy commented ·
Great question. Had the exact same thing happen to me. I rebooted the Cerbo and found the gps was on the VRM. I used the outer limits of the map frame to be the geofence boundary, but this is very inaccurate for us using it as an anchor alarm when we’re away from our boats. It sure would be nice to be able to set a circular boundary of a certain distance, say 100’, around the boat. Like the Anchor Pro application has for iOS devices. Hoping someone can create this
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This is a tech one for Victron.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bhcreasy avatar image bhcreasy commented ·

It would be nice to hear a response from Guy... please...

https://community.victronenergy.com/users/14/guy.html

0 Likes 0 ·
simon-2 avatar image
simon-2 answered ·

I am also not able to set a boundary for the geofence on my iphone (maybe any Touchscreen??)

2 |3000