question

mateusz avatar image
mateusz asked

Quatroo 48/15000/200 - electric car charging problem

Quatroo 48/15000/200 - electric car charging problem.

When installing 1 phase 230V 50Hz Poland, a problem pops up on the electric car charger. 2.3kW 230V charger. Doesn't charge the car. How to set up Quatroo? Please help. Other loads work, lighting, heater. Only the charging of the electric car does not work. Charging error pops up on car charger.
battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mateusz avatar image
mateusz answered ·
there was no PE grounding
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marcve avatar image marcve commented ·
That explains it. At least glad you got it working.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

@mateusz. So if I understand correctly, you have a quattro inverter 48/15000/200 connected to your grid, and on the quattro output you have a single phase car charger installed ?

1 comment
2 |3000

mateusz avatar image mateusz commented ·
  1. yes I have a 48/15000/200 off grid inverter. On output out1 all devices work. Only the original BMW charger 1 phase 230V 50hz, 2.3kW does not work. A charging error pops up on the BMW charger. Do I need to set something on GX Control to DVCC?
  2. The original BMW 2.3kW charger works when I connect it to the mains - it charges the car. It doesn't work only when I connect to Quatro to output out1. On the BMW charger it shows a charging error.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image
marcve answered ·

@mateusz. When you only connect your other loads to the inverter, do they draw aprox. the same amount of current as your car-charger and keep running ?

19 comments
2 |3000

yes
0 Likes 0 ·
Other devices connected consume 5kW-8kW and quatroo works. The BMW charger consumes 2.3kW and does not work.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image marcve mateusz commented ·

Maybe your EV charger has a problem with the input voltage/frequency. Could you check if your Quattro is set to search-mode. Try and turn this "off". I would also try to turn the "AES" off, and see if you can get your EV charger to start.

0 Likes 0 ·
mateusz avatar image mateusz marcve commented ·

Where to put Quatroo into search mode? Now Quatro is set to 50hz in accordance with Poland. AES is disabled.

0 Likes 0 ·

I connected to Quatroo MK3 cable, quatroo output is 49.9-50.1 hz. The BMW charger works at 50hz, is that a problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
  1. Other devices connected consume 5kW-8kW and quatroo works. The BMW charger consumes 2.3kW and does not work.
0 Likes 0 ·

Did you try what I mentioned before ? Quote: Maybe your EV charger has a problem with the input voltage/frequency. Could you check if your Quattro is set to search-mode. Try and turn this "off". I would also try to turn the "AES" off, and see if you can get your EV charger to start.

0 Likes 0 ·
how to put Quatro in search mode?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mateusz commented ·

Search mode is part of AES, if you have that already disabled, that's not the cause of your issue.

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) any suggestions for this member, considering you are the EV guru :)

0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image marcve nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@mateusz. Did you already try to turn AES "off", and did this solve the problem with the EV charger ?
0 Likes 0 ·

I already found it

0 Likes 0 ·
checking
0 Likes 0 ·

P.s. If turning AES to "Off" does not solve the problem you could also check the following. I don't know your situation, but are you using an extension cord from Quattro to EV charger ? Since resistive loads work on the inverter as you mentioned, an EV charger has a failsafe for under-voltage and produces an error. Most extension cords only do 1400 watts, and at startup, the voltage might be to low for the EV charger to start.

0 Likes 0 ·
Everything works, thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mateusz commented ·
what was the issue?
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks @nickdb :)

Make sure ground connection is there. Also, make sure Line and neutral are not swapped, try rotating the plug if it's possible and test again. Charging stations are sensitive to that.
The last step is replacing it with a Victron Charging station (joking)

0 Likes 0 ·
mateusz avatar image mateusz Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
  1. Everything works, thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mateusz commented ·
I saw that, but the Community Portal is for sharing solutions. So what was the solution?
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image marcve Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Think that is a valid question.
0 Likes 0 ·
mateusz avatar image
mateusz answered ·

1 comment
2 |3000

photo of a BMW charger that doesn't work
0 Likes 0 ·