question

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw asked

My VRM showed another persons installation !!

Over the past few weeks my remote console were regularly not accessible despite regular 10 min updates to the portal. At first I made nothing of it as I was also running the release candidate and suspected it could be timeouts or given the system is hooked up to a GSM modem with occasional dropouts. (unlikely as updates were still taking place)

Last night I logged into the app as usual on my ipad and a totally strange system's graphical display showed up on my console. It had strange characters in so looked like a maybe European installation. I then opened the menu and it definitely was not my installation I was navigating around. I then shut the app down and logged in via the web which saw things back to normal. The app is now also back to normal.

Firstly, how is this possible? Does it explain the message that system may be unavailable as someone else is already logged into it?

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·

I had that too after update to rc2.30

I had a french colorgx :-)

I only had that one time...now everytime i login i see my installation.

I didnt pay attension to it because i had it only one time.. but now i saw this post...

Grtz kristof

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Thats really not good. I’ll contact you via our support desk.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Its fixed. Issues like this should never happen ofcourse. We’re planning an external audit by a security company.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Thank you for the prompt response.

0 Likes 0 ·