question

jarakri avatar image
jarakri asked

New MPPT250/100 no valid ID TCPIP

Hello,

due to failure i replaced the MPPT 250/100 with a new one with FW3.13.

The new MPPT is assigned a unit ID of 280. When reading ModbusTCP at address 280 it does not work and cerbo prints an error on unit ID 24 timeout err 4. The ID on TCP should be 0-255. The new MPPT has a VRM instance number of 280. How to change the ID for TCPIP?

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jarakri avatar image
jarakri answered ·

I tried the ModbusTCP IP address from 150 to 280. Up to 222 the instance number is the same, from 223 it is different, see the list. I could not find the ModbusTCP IP address (unit ID) where the VRM instance number is 280. For all other devices, the unit ID and instance number are always different and match the attached list. The MPPT is connected to the cerboGX via VE.direct.vrm.pngid.pngerr1.pngerr2.pngerr3.pngerr4.png20230407-133206-1920.jpg

vrm.png (10.5 KiB)
id.png (24.9 KiB)
err1.png (30.1 KiB)
err2.png (30.9 KiB)
err3.png (30.8 KiB)
err4.png (34.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jarakri avatar image
jarakri answered ·

I also tried swapping VE.direct ports and no change. Even if I disconnect all VE.direct devices in the ports, restart all devices and remove them from RVM and connect them to other Ve.direct ports, they still get the same Unit ID. That is e.g. the shunt in port 3 of VE.direct has unit ID 223, and after switching to port 1 of VE.direct, it will have unit ID 223, even though it is 226 for port 1. I have a feeling that cerbo GX will save the device to some device after connecting it for the first time a sheet that is not deleted by a mere restart. The MPPT 250/100 is still assigned Unit ID280, which is wrong even according to GCGX-Modbus-TCP-registerlist-2.90. I tried connecting the VE.Can MPPT to the GX and the MPPT is assigned Unit ID 100 (same as the GX cerb) and the registers at address 100 are communicating. I would need to get it back up and running due to the wiring to the VE.Direct.

I would need to get it back up and running due to the wiring to the VE.Direct.

I'm sorry, I found out that the translator is playing tricks on me :-)

Thanks.

2 |3000

jarakri avatar image
jarakri answered ·

Zkoušel jsem i prohodit porty VE.direct a žádná změna. I když odpojím všechna zařízení VE.direct v portech, restartuji všechna zařízení a odeberu je z RVM a připojím je k jiným portům Ve.direct, stále získají stejné ID jednotky. To znamená, že např. bočník v portu 3 VE.direct má jednotku ID 223 a po přepnutí na port 1 VE.direct bude mít jednotku ID 223, i když je to 226 pro port 1. Mám pocit, že cerbo GX po prvním připojení uloží zařízení do nějakého zařízení list, který se nesmaže pouhým restartem. MPPT 250/100 má stále přiřazenou jednotku ID280, což je chybné i podle GCGX-Modbus-TCP-registerlist-2.90. Zkoušel jsem připojit VE.Can MPPT ke GX a MPPT má přiděleno Unit ID 100 (stejné jako GX cerb) a registry na adrese 100 komunikují. I would need to get it back up and running due to the wiring to the VE.Direct.

Dík.

2 |3000

Related Resources