bulraydin avatar image
bulraydin asked

Quattro not switching on

We have recently installed following system

1. 3 x Quattro 48/8000

2. 5 x Smartsolar MPPT 250/100

3. OPZV batteries (2V 1000Ah)

5. Cerbo GX and GX Touch

We have configured the quattros for three phase operation . After testing everything successfully, we have turned off all devices and turned them on again. However this time none of the quattros switched on. They were all silent.

They started running as soon as I have removed the ve-bus cable , which connects the master with the cerbo gx. After they started running, I have put back the cable again. All was fine and visible on the screen of gx touch.

What was blocking the quattros from switching on ? What is the effect of the ve-bus cable on this situation ? What do you suggest ? Removing and putting back the ve-bus cable from gerbo seems to reset some things....

Many Thanks for suggestions, solutions,

Best Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bulraydin

Once configured as three phase, only use the GX or DMC to switch the system off and on again. Not the front rocker switches.

Did you update all firmware?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bulraydin avatar image
bulraydin answered ·

Hi @Alexandra many thanks , is there any reason why I shouldn't use the front rockers ?

in all installations I did so far I never encountered such a problem. But I will try your advice for sure.

and yes, all firmware is updated to the latest (502)

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes there is. You see three inverters. But they are one now, with a master unit.

The front rockers switch on is a dirty/bad start and can create issues.

You want the GX to signal the master to switch on the followers. Remember the whole point of the GX is for central control and monitoring by pulling the ve bus cable to it, you remove it's control.

1 Like 1 ·