question

Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer asked

Smart shunt as DC-meter for wind generator: Shown in VRM-dashboard and remote console?

Hi! I have a wind generator in my crusing sailboat setup (12V silentwind) and would like to see the amps going into the system by using a smart shunt connected to my raspi running VictronOS.

Question: I have seen many postings in this forum showing that this additional shunt will not show up in the VRM dashboard (and remote console). Some postings say that the problem occurs when there is already all the space in the dashboard used for other devices. Postings from 2021 are saying that the programers woule be aware of that and would already be working on the solution. Therefore: Is this solved meanwhile and showing up now or not?

My full system overview please see attached. Thanks for assistance!

ARGO-schematic-energy-system-overview.pdf

Energy Meter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

To make my wind turbine appear in VRM in the Victron Connect app rather than select the Wind Turbine option a selected "Solar Charger", see below...

wt.jpg

Then in VRM you see this below (You can rename it to what ever you like)

wt-vrm.jpg

in the remote console the charge from the Wind Turbine is added to the charge coming from the solar panels.

Hope this makes sense, this works for me (for now).

2 Likes 2 ·
wt.jpg (179.1 KiB)
wt-vrm.jpg (29.6 KiB)
3 Answers
Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer answered ·

so there still seems to be no way so far to get the wind tubine be shown separately for it´s own within the VRM dashboard (and remote console) if I understand correctly.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Correct.
1 Like 1 ·
Dosheimer avatar image Dosheimer nesswill commented ·
that´s a bit shitty...
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Wheeler avatar image
Jeffrey Wheeler answered ·

If you use GUI Mods will this open up a space to do this? I am about to install the same

2 |3000

mauri avatar image
mauri answered ·

Still no reasonable way to configure Smart Shunt as wind generator?

I tried to configure it as wind generator, but it doesn't show up anywhere, not even possible to add in VRM advanced view.

When configured as solar, shows up in solar chargers group:

1000023150.jpg

Are there anything coming to make dc energy neter option of Smar Shunt more useful?

1000023150.jpg (165.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

What do you see when you connect to the smart shunt with the Victron Connect app?

How is the smart shunt connected to your GX? If it's smart networking/Bluetooth, is anything connected with cables like VE.Direct, VE.Can etc.?

0 Likes 0 ·
mauri avatar image mauri kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, Smart Shunt is visible in Victron Connect app.

1000023151.jpg

Shows as "PV Charger" in VRM as well, of course PV voltage and current not available as shunt only measures values for battery.

Shunt is connected to Cerbo by VE.Direct to USB cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
1000023151.jpg (108.0 KiB)

Related Resources