question

groningen avatar image
groningen asked

Ve Smart Network vs Ve Direct cable

Dear All

I have read some of the older Q&A regarding VE Smart Network vs VE.Direct, but I would like to know more details.

My Shunt and MPPTs (without Bluetooth) are connected to the Cerbo and all is working perfectly together with my Multi ii (VE.Bus).

Checking some of the YouTube video's, some indicates that if you set up the VE Smart Network, all other MPPT's will follow (I assume especially when DVCC is activated).

My question : I prefer hard wire to connect all, but is there any additional advantages when going via Bluetooth (emphasis on VE Smart direct) versus the old fashion way of VE.Direct?

Some have pointed out that you cannot have VE Smart and VE.DIRECT together (not sure if this is still the case) as they do not "talk" to each other (from old posts).

Maybe also a consideration for me, I should get a VE.Direct extender (Via USB) for more ports if this will be in my favour.

Any advise or tricks will be helpful.

VE.DirectVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Smart networking is meant for smaller installs without a GX. It is not recommended to have it running together with a vedirect connected system as some have experienced conflicts.

The current docs state as much.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

groningen avatar image
groningen answered ·

@nickdb Thank you for the quick response.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual