question

sailing-cat avatar image
sailing-cat asked

How to prioritize Solar in a Lynx BMS setup?

My setup is all Victron with a Lynx BMS, Cerbo GX and Victron solar controllers connected to the GX. I want the solar to be maximized and shore power only used in certain conditions.

I found someone who set up ESS to do this, but have been advised here not to use ESS.

Other answers say to set the charging voltage slightly lower on the Multiplus.

But my understanding is that the BMS is setting the target voltages that both the Multiplus and MPPT controllers are using.

maybe there’s a way to limit charging on the Multiplus to inly happen below a specific SOC? Or during specufic time periods?

MPPT SmartSolarmultiplus ve.buslynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Sailing Cat

There's an ignore AC input function accessible from the Cerbo.

In the settings, select the multi, settings, advanced and you will find it. Just have to remember to set/reset as needed.

Victron are looking at your and similar requests. No promises on if/when it will be implemented.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Is this a mobile installation? That really would be the only reason not to use ESS to prioritize solar over grid, as long as you 'follow the rules'

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
That's the whole point, the other posts show this and that explains the opening.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Correction. The ignore AC switch cannot be set in the Cerbo. Sorry.

Please take a look here.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/195421/optimize-usage-of-solar-over-grid.html

2 |3000

Related Resources

LED indications, warnings, alarm and error codes

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Lynx Smart BMS online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic