question

blskevin avatar image
blskevin asked

optimize usage of solar over grid

I have a complete victron system with stacked multiplus inverter/chargers, dual solar charge controllers, and a BMV on a boat.

When the grid input to the multiplus units is present for example the 90% of the time that I am connected to shore power, the multiplus units connect the incoming AC to the load side.

The result is that any AC loads are supplied from the grid and do not benefit from my solar installation.

I want to eliminate that. Right now when I am on the boat, in the morning I just trip the breakers that feed shore power to the multiplus units and then reset them in the evening when solar power goes away. This maximizes my solar production.

How can I automate that process?

Thanks!!!

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You can use an assistant in the multi or better would be if you have a gx or rpi running Venus os large and use node red

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blskevin avatar image blskevin commented ·
I have a cerbo but do not understand your response. Can you please clairify???
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ blskevin commented ·

It's effectively software updates and programming.

Might be better to talk to your dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
blskevin avatar image blskevin kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Please lets be specific, I have the latest software updates on my equipment, and am pretty good at configuring it.
0 Likes 0 ·
blskevin avatar image
blskevin answered ·

One would think that this would be an common question, with a straightforward awnser.

Does anybody have a functional solution???

Thanks!!!!

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can look at Victron connect. Connect via a mk3 usb, then you can configure "conditional AC usage" via AC Input control, which will automate grid disconnection based on voltage or SOC or load.

If you open VC and use demo mode, you can see what/how to configure it.

Maybe that helps.

screenshot-2023-03-30-at-171330.png

2 |3000

blskevin avatar image
blskevin answered ·

I like the idea of playing in demo mode and see how it works, Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic