question

robertoibrahim avatar image
robertoibrahim asked

lithiun batteries at engine room

Receved one instalation of inversor quattro 5000w 12v, with 8*200ap lithiun batteries, but it was done at the engine room of a catamaran, does anyone have a similar instalation and problems? as my inversor just have burned. the warrant will fix it, but the risk of come the same problem again?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Batterytemperature
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·
do you know why your inverter burned?? what are you using your inverter for?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I would NOT install either lithium batteries or inverter in an engine room. The engine room will heat up from the engine running, and the inverter will not deliver full power in the hot environment. This will also shorten the lifetime of the lithium battery.

Whilst this may not be related to the burnt inverter, I would consider moving the inverter to a cooler location, and also move to 24V for the high power in use. While this will complicate the charging a little, the inverter will be more efficient and use MUCH smaller cables at the higher voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.