question

micmak avatar image
micmak asked

Quattro shuts down without any warning/alarms

Hello everyone.

Here's my setup: Quattro 8kva with a Fronius 8.2kw on AC OUT and 2 MPPT150/45, and a BYD LVS 32kWh (8 modules).

I have forever had an issue with high voltage alarms (reference topic https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/133217/quattrobydgxfronius-high-voltage-alarm-when-reachi.html) and this never changed after 1 year. I have tried keeping the grid/generator for 2 days, set the charging voltage to 55 in DVCC (works until it is removed), and none solved the issue.

That's not my problem however, it's fine, a warning I can live with. Last week, I finally got approved for net metering and our grid company installed the meter so I can start feed-in. All was well and good until the system starting shutting down. Nothing in the alarm log or events, except for the usual high voltage alarm.

Here's what happened:

1680007784504.png

1. batteries full, grid offline

2. at some point grid came online, feed in started, max cell kept going up

3. first shutdown

4. second shutdown, after that I disconnected the grid

I am making the assumption that this shutdown is from the BYD BMU because of the high cell voltage situation, plus the Quattro doesn't register any other alarms/warnings/events.

My first question is, why at point 2, the high cell voltage kept rising? Batteries are full at this stage and I am feeding the excess back to the grid (only AC excess, not DC).

I have for now set DVCC charge voltage limit to 55V and waiting for the grid to come back online and test this.

Does any fellow Victron user have other thoughts or experience with this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerFroniusBYD
1680007784504.png (47.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@micmak

Look at the bms charge and discharge limits.

There you will see if it is the battery telling the systen to shut down or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
micmak avatar image micmak Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

Nothing abnormal there:

1680011804606.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1680011804606.png (27.3 KiB)
0 Answers