question

simon-jukes avatar image
simon-jukes asked

Pylontech / Victron - extra us5000 added

Good moring all

Quick question on the vrm / remote console. I have just added a 2nd US5000 battery to my 48/3000 Multiplus 2

Is it correct the battery still shows as 1 module in the system or should it show as 2 modules and report readings such as the temp for 2 batteries or is the temperture now the average temp etc. of both units?

Thanks

Simon

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Simon Jukes

In the VRM is it show as one battery. As it is one bank. You can tell how many are connected by the charge current limit and DCL. And under parameters in the console.

In the console under Pylontec details you should see how many modules are online.

[These are for UP5000, so not the same modules as @Simon Jukes -principles still apply]

screenshot-20230325-124347.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-jukes avatar image simon-jukes commented ·

Hi Alexandra

Thanks for the info

That's what I thought i should see, but I only see 1 module in the remote cosole

I updated the ESS to 200AH of battery from 100 but made no other changes

plyon2.jpg

plyon.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
plyon.jpg (48.3 KiB)
@Alexandra

In addition to information in my reply, I have also notice at the bottom of the battery settings my installed/available capacity is stil showing 100ah

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you follow the manual that came with the battery?

The 5000 should be master.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply

Yes, followed the manual, however, both batteries are 5000's. i have also made the newest battery the master incase it came with a later firmware installed

Both batteries were evenly charged up 100% individually before connecting together and left for 30 mins once conected before turning the inverter back on

Simon

0 Likes 0 ·
simon-jukes avatar image
simon-jukes answered ·

Hi all

Not sure why, but following a complete shutdown of the system, no wiring or configuration changes, the 2nd module is now showing in the system

Thanks for any replies to my question

Simon

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Ah ok. That happens.
1 Like 1 ·