question

ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble asked

Inaccurate Portal & Remote Console Information ?

So this is bugging me and I thought I would come to the experts. First is a screen shot of my Remote Console readout, then within a minute a screen shot of my VRM Portal info. The difference in PV Charger is a passing light cloud.

But what is not making sense is my Battery. Both readouts are showing “discharge” when clearly the PVs are producing far more than “AC Loads” require. Both readouts show a “-” for watts and current.

Any thoughts?

screenshot-1.jpg

screenshot-2.jpg

VRM
screenshot-1.jpg (53.7 KiB)
screenshot-2.jpg (61.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Guessing you have a smart shunt or BMV in there. First thing to check is if it's wired correctly. There's a battery side and a load side. You'll probably find the connections are reversed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ahtrimble avatar image ahtrimble commented ·

No smart shunt or BMV.

I had my BMV-712 in the previous version of the system, but I didn't integrate it back into the system when I did my mass upgrade, not enough CCGX VE.Direct ports. I will be fine tuning some wiring/cabling and it will go back into the system once my VE.Direct to USB Interface cable arrives next week. Then I can reintegrate it with the CCGX.

That might cure it all. Well, if like you say, I wire it right ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble answered ·

@kevgermany Dude...I am eating crow right now! I went over and over everything trying to figure out what was wrong. Well, you were right! I had a brain fart and for some unknown reason, other than old age, when I installed the Lynx Shunt I did it upside down to facilitate the attached PowerIn wiring coming it at the top. Well duh...that doesn't mean that the shunt can be wired from either direction! Dang...I had it connected backwards.

I fixed it today and all is well. Thank you again!

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
We all do it. Thanks for the update.
0 Likes 0 ·