question

elci avatar image
elci asked

Main circuit breaker and Lynx smart bms 500

Have a question about connecting a main circuit breaker in serie between the Lynx power in and Lynx smart bms 500, to isolate the batteries when storage the boat for longer periods when not present.

However this don't look very good and destroy the nice connection between the Lynx system.

Even though the very smal energy draw in OF mode it is still a small current flowing.

Having 4 Victron lithium smart 200Ah 12 V.

How to adress this?

Mikael

lynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The power consumption of the Lynx BMS suggests you'd get 600 days of power in STANDBY mode for your battery bank.The Victron spec for "maximum storage time" is 1 year which is shorter than the drain on the batteries from the BMS.

You can also switch the BMS to OFF mode for 1/100th the amount of discharge relative to standby mode.

If you are storing your boat for less than 1 year at a time, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are storing longer, you'll probably need to remove the batteries so they can be recharged at least once per year.

If you have a GX device (Cerbo, etc) or other small loads that are powered ahead of the BMS or by the AUX output, put switches in these connections so you can shut them down.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elci avatar image
elci answered ·

Thanks Kevin, yes I will have a Cerbo GX and a GX toutch.

My thoughts became a reality during Covid, as we was away for two years. Maybe my solar arrangement will be sufficient if this will be the case in again.

2 |3000

Related Resources