question

steveboyce avatar image
steveboyce asked

Generator Charging Issue

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with an EasySolar 48/5000 issue when charging Pylontech (us3000 x4) batteries with a Yamaha EF7200 generator. For some reason the Easysolar will only pull 2800 watts from the geni even though the Input current limit is set at 20A. Furthermore, if I draw load in the house the generator will ramp up to service it. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in the easysolar to battery charging settings. Charge Current Limit (CCL) in Battery Parameters setting is at 148A. This has got me completely stumped…. Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

battery chargingGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valleyokie avatar image valleyokie commented ·
Hi All

Im having the same problem.

Multiplus 5000/48/70 with Blue Nova Batteries ( South African) and a small 3kVA Gentech Inverter Generator ( has anyone used one of these).

Max Gene output is 12,5 A but I only get that when connected loads increase.

I found increasing the input Amperage setting in VE configure helped slightly to incresse the charge going to the battery , but still not enough. Ive set the in put Amps to 12 and am getting about 500W gong to the battery.

What Im looking for is quicker battery charging. Would it be worth turning off the loads and switching the Multi to "Charge Only" for a short time.?

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I think your EasySolar has a charge limit of 70A on AC, 100A on solar. But it's model dependant and will be less if you switched on weak AC.

Is it a 120V or 240V model? And is it the EasySolar II with built in GX?

Also, if set up correctly, the Pylontechs will control the charge, not the EasySolar.

Good setup guide here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steveboyce avatar image
steveboyce answered ·

Thanks. You are right it's max charge is 70A. It's a 240v model and the CCL has been set by the pylontech BMS. The link you've supplied is the one I used to configure the setup.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @SteveBoyce

You'll need to check the Charger settings within the Multiplus itself. The default charge amps setting may not be set on the full 70A.

Also make sure that 'Weak AC Input' isn't ticked, as this will limit charge too.

2 |3000

steveboyce avatar image
steveboyce answered ·

Thanks @JohnC,

The weakAC was ticked. After unticking it, there was no change in the 10 minutes I ran the geni for. Would it require longer?

Where would I find the default charge amps setting in the Multiplus? The only similar setting I've seen is the 'input current limit' setting.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@SteveBoyce

I'm not sure how you're accessing the settings, but the WeakAC change should happen straight away. Kev also mentioned the Pylons dictating charge, but how far that goes I don't know either. Best be rid of that setting though, it's really a last-resort thing for difficult gensets.

I use VE.Configure, and the Charge Current setting looks like this (changed to 69A to show out in red)..

1679649046958.png

1679649046958.png (95.9 KiB)
2 |3000

steveboyce avatar image
steveboyce answered ·

Thanks mate. Problem solved.

2 |3000