question

alphalinux avatar image
alphalinux asked

SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 and LiFePo 24V 200Ah

Hi

Is the SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 able to deal with a LiFePo 24V/200Ah battery pack ?
Battery Pack has integrated BMS 8S 200A (also RS485/CAN)
Plan to connect 2 x 395Wp (44.7V) PV panels in series connection.

appreciate feedback

best regards,

MPPT SmartSolarLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AlphaLinux

By deal with i assume you mean charge?

At 90% DOD charging at 30A will take close to 7 hours. So if you are planning on that kind of use, get more solar.

The series connect, check your max VOC at min temps with the online calculator and other details for your panels.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alphalinux avatar image alphalinux commented ·

Hi Alexandra
yes, question was regarding charge of LiFePo batteries. For the setup mentioned above, i need more panels, agree ;-)
With exactly that panels i was able to catch 3.6kWh today, which is to less for 24v/200Ah.
Also noticed that SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 does not have a "Load" output compared to MPPT 100/20.
Is there an alternative way of connecting and switching a Relay to MPPT 100/30 ?

According to the MPPT Calculator I'm fine with 2 panels in series connection up to 375Wp/Panel.
For higher Output panels it recommends MPPT 100/30.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ alphalinux commented ·
You also have the option of using 2 x 75/15A mppt.

Together they will have the 30A total for charging (maybe you will need a bit more switchgear) but the cost is about the same. Or at least it is from our supplier. They have the load outputs. And can do the 15A as a load.
Do you need a higher output for loads?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?