question

colj avatar image
colj asked

Programmable relay AC2 OUT, ESS and Charge Window

System: Quattro, Batteries, PV

I'm trying to use the AC2 Out programmable relay. However I need the 'logic' to only occur outside an ESS charge window. I don't want to change the system behaviour during a charge window (quite happy that AC2 out connected loads draw at the cheap rate). When outside a charge window, I want to control the loads on AC2 Out by turning off the AC2 relay under certain conditions. However, as far as I can see, there isn't a way to make this only occur outside a charge window. e.g. Suppose I want to turn off the AC2 relay whenever the SoC is below 75% and turn it on again at 85% (I don't want non-critical loads to take the SoC lower than 75%). But that would normally mean that at the start of the charge window, the AC2 relay would be off and I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the low rate on the non-critical loads until the batteries has charged back up to 85%. Am I missing something or is a mod required here please?

ESSRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Sounds like Node-red would be the solution to this. Unless someone else knows of a built in way (I dont)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colj avatar image colj commented ·
Thanks - I already have some Node-Red automation running on a Raspberry PI. Just checking that I wasn't missing something in the assistants. Will probably set-up Node Red to individually control the loads rather than try to switch AC2 (if even possible?) from Node-Red.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic