question

basreflex avatar image
basreflex asked

venus OS 2.30 and VE.direct bidirectional check

the new venus OS 2.30 checks the ve.direct port bidirectionally, to weed out erratic cables etc.

for example in my case a TX functional BMV700 is rejected. (the BMV RX part was damaged by a lightning strike, meaning that I had to program the BMV using the buttons) . this update will generate some extra business..

BMV Battery MonitorVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi basreflex,

It would be a good idea to replace your damaged BMV anyway. Maybe your distributor will be OK, to try to RMA the BMV.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basreflex avatar image
basreflex answered ·

I will first take the BMV apart to see if I can replace an interface chip (if one at all) . if the interface wire is hardwired to a micro port , bad luck. similar design flaw like in the quattros. I do design electronics for a living, just I 'm allergic to softwhere.

2 comments
2 |3000

The BMV does not easily come apart. I would suggest contacting your distributor first.

0 Likes 0 ·
basreflex avatar image basreflex Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

indeed, it's all glued. the micro RX port is directly wired to the VE.direct connector via a 1k resistor and a (zener?) diode.

0 Likes 0 ·