question

harry4516 avatar image
harry4516 asked

wrong power numbers in VRM portal

Hello, this is a screenshot of todays numbers in VRM:

mpval.png

the battery is discharded with 570 watts and the AC load gets 718 W.

The grid is measured by an EM24 and this number is correct. Also the battery power is correct.

The AC load is not measured, it is calculated by VRM which should be the ACin output power of the multiplus (which is not shown in the picture) plus the grid power.

My setup includes a multiplus 48/3000, pylontech batts and an EM24 meter.

I have tested it today with various loads up to 3000 watts. It always the same, the AC Loads pictures shows too much power.

any idea?
Harry

VRM
mpval.png (46.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

What happens when you reach the battery SOC lower cut off (ESS#1)... with no PV? Does the Grid power value equal AC Loads (plus about 20W) ..?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

The AC display is absolutely incorrect and varies by several 100% depending on the load. A motor with reactive current component for example, Victron components can no longer measure correctly at all.

2 |3000

harry4516 avatar image
harry4516 answered ·

I read out the values via ETH-Modbus, and these values are correct.

It looks like that just the calculation of the AC load in VRM is wrong.

1 comment
2 |3000

gazza avatar image gazza commented ·
Hi. That meter is a 3 phase meter, and presumably you are just tracking one phase? I was curious to see what your Multiplus (GX?) makes of the meter data when the battery is not discharging and there was no PV either, just the grid reading... (since this is crucial that the Multi reads the correct data?)
0 Likes 0 ·