question

blits avatar image
blits asked

Remote firmware update

Hi, I did a successfull remote firmware update on a Multiplus II 48/5000. System has Cerbo gx, 2 x smart solar mppt 250/70 and 2 x Revov R9 11.2kwh batteries. After the update the mppt's show no Solar and not charging. Nothing changed on site. Is their something I can do remotely? Everthing was working before the update and no load was connected. The system has a changeover to grid only, so the internet connection stayed on.

Multiplus-IIMPPT SmartSolarfirmware update
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Have you tried a reboot of the cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
blits avatar image blits ejrossouw commented ·

Hi. Yes I did a few reboots, also a system reset and redetect in the advance menu of the Multi

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw blits commented ·

Are there fuses between the MPPTs and battery? Does the MPPT show battery voltage when accessing it in Victronconnect? In the VRM devicelist, delete the MPPTs so it can be reinstated and ensure all firmwares are up to date. Also worth checking that the settings are correct on the multi. PS - I you may already have done this, but you never know.

0 Likes 0 ·
blits avatar image blits ejrossouw commented ·
Hi, thanks, fuses on battery and pv side of mppt, will have to ho to site to check them. Mppt shows battery voltage but no pv voltage. Will try the reinstall. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you converted, adjusted and uploaded the settings of the MultiPlus?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blits avatar image blits commented ·
Hi, I followed the instructions on Vrm, possible I made a mistake. Can I give you private access to check it out? How do we get in contact?
0 Likes 0 ·