question

Stijn Dhondt avatar image
Stijn Dhondt asked

ET112 energy meter 25w offset

Hi i have a inverter wich cannot communicate with victron but used a energy meter instead.

Now it seems that there is a 25W difference between what the energy meter is detecting and what the inverter reports. Is there some way to adjust this somewhere?

In the screenshot i see -17w but this is actually 8w positive...

screenshot-2023-03-18-at-190425.png

Energy Meter
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Without a diagram on how things are wired, it is difficult to comment. e.g. where are the grid and inverter readings coming from? One I suspect is the ET112? There is no offset parameter on the Cerbo and while the ET112 can be programmed with an octo coupler, I do not believe offset is an option. Typically you will select one source of truth. Also, inverters seldomly have precision measuring and it will also result in some discrepancies along with things such as measuring interval etc. I'd hazard a wild guess the meter is wired wrongly which results in an inverted number. See the PV inverter wiring diagram below.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Meter_ET112/en/image/1640f1bca36886.svg">https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Meter_ET112/en/image/1640f1bca36886.svg

0 Likes 0 ·
nicles avatar image nicles commented ·
Hi @Stijn Dhondt could you please let us know what inverter it is?

As @ejrossouw I would also suspect measure interval. I have the same issue but it is not a big deal. Also it can vay if the inverter is including or not his own power consumption.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stijn Dhondt avatar image Stijn Dhondt nicles commented ·

@Nicles this selfconsumption could indeed be the issue!

The inverter is a GROWATT MIC 2000 TL-X.

@ejrossouw i still have color control GX but should be upgrading to a Cerbo soon, but i am sure the ET112 is connected how it should as it is reporting the right amount of production when on higer power.

Quite sure it is the selfconsumption!

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw Stijn Dhondt commented ·
Based on that I agree given there was no solar at the time.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources