question

Darlene avatar image
Darlene asked

Access via mk3usb

Hello We understand that our multiplus ii needs to be configured to function as a microgrid for a grid tied Fronius Primo. We also understand that an mk3usb is required to allow a laptop to communicate with the multiplus. I've just been watching a YouTube tutorial to prepare for this and heard the person say that I am not granted access to the settings unless I am a qualified installer or have done Victron training. Is this an accurate appraisal of circumstances? Thank you.

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The settings are password protected on GX devices. But I can't remember if it's required for this interface. I've used it recently without needing the password, may just be pc software remembering it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Darlene avatar image Darlene commented ·
Thank you very much for answering. We've now bought the mk3usb, and have been told by the seller that we don't need a password. We'll find out this weekend when we try it out.
1 Like 1 ·
Darlene avatar image
Darlene answered ·

Just an update. It is indeed the case that no password is required for the MK3. We can't use it via Victron Connect, though, as we had read, and have to use VE Configure.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

The only thing that a password is needed for is changing grid codes.

You can set it the first time without a password.

Which usually once set never has to be changed again.

So it should not affect you at all, just get it correct the first time.

The password for the settings in victron connect need you to put a pasword in to change and that one is actually in the victron connect manual for everyone to use.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
As an add on. Use victron connect to firmware update. The. Use ve config to set the grid code for your country (if you have one). Then program the ESS for the fronius. (If you run ve config in demo mode - you dont need any other equipment for now) you will be able to play around a bit and see what to do.

Dont forget also to program the fronius to frequency respond.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic