question

green-monster avatar image
green-monster asked

Multiplus wont turn on when using VictronConnect and bluetooth dongle

I have a 12V/3000W/120A Multiplus connected to a VE.Bus Smart dongle. I also have a BMV-712 and a 150/100 MPPT charge controller. I can interact with all of them via the Bluetooth app and have used them for several months without any problems. Recently, I returned to the location and when I went to turn on the Multiplus using the bluetooth app, it would crash when I selected any function (On/Inverter only/Charger only). Sometimes when I held the app 'button' it wouldn't crash as fast. It did this repeatedly. I was able to disconnect the Ethernet cable to the dongle, then use the manual switch on the front of the Multi, to turn it on, then plug the cable back in. When I switched off the Multi using bluetooth, the same problem repeated.

I was able to turn on and off the Multi using bluetooth previously without issues. Is there a setting I should be checking in the Multi's setup? I have a MK3-USB.

multiplus ve.busVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
green-monster avatar image
green-monster answered ·

After consulting with my dealer and they advised me to check the firmware, I reconnected to the Multiplus via the MK3-USB, checked out the settings, no changes, and the firmware was current. After disconnecting and reconnecting the Multiplus to the Bluetooth dongle, everything worked fine. The bluetooth app works now and controls the Multiplus on and off, still not sure what the problem was, but wanted to update this information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Green Monster Question is, what has changed since you were last there? Are you running the latest software version on your phone? Have you tried updating the MP firmware? Also try to shut down the app completely and clean the cache and maybe data too. (Warning: You will have to reconnect to every device if this is done)

"Multi firmware versions before 415 are not supported"

2 comments
2 |3000

green-monster avatar image green-monster commented ·

Nothing had changed. I used the system for a month, turned the Multiplus on and off using bluetooth during that time, and shut the Multiplus down when we got back from our trip. When I returned about 2 weeks later, the symptoms appeared. All of the items have the current firmware (and there were no updates via bluetooth when I connected). I shut off the phone itself and rebooted it also. The solar charger keeps the batteries full, and the only problem is the bluetooth control of the Multiplus through the dongle. Very confusing.

0 Likes 0 ·
vanman avatar image vanman green-monster commented ·
Hello @Green Monster

I am experiencing a similar problem. Have you had it happen again since your removed cable to dongle? Did you ever determine the root cause. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic