question

dexkim87 avatar image
dexkim87 asked

Battleborn batteries won't charge to 14.4V and never reach absorption or float stages anymore.

My system is 1.5 years old and I was able to reach 14.7V at the absorption stage a few months ago. I unhooked each battery and tested the voltage and found they were all sitting around 13.27V meaning there is no imbalance and this likely isn't an issue of a bad battery. Highest voltage achieved is 13.7V. System details: -Victron Energy MultiPlus 3000 Watt 12 Volt Inverter & 120 Amp Battery Charger -Victron Lynx Distributor -Victron BMV 712 -Victron MPPT 100 | 50 -4 x 100Ah 12V LiFePO4 -500 Watts solar

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@dexkim87

Is this off bith grid and solar charging?

Have you tried just charging them as individuals?

0 Likes 0 ·
jjbond avatar image jjbond commented ·
As everyone knows, you can’t determine balance level of a lithium by voltage., external or internal…… I own 16 of those drop ins setup as 4S4P, they NEED to be properly top balanced individually and then broke down and redone regularly if you don’t have an active balancer system. Even with the Victron balancers on, I still needed to do this… RESEARCH TOP BALANCING LITHIUM, chances are your batteries are fine and will come back.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Balancing is required at the cell level for each battery - so hopefully the batteries have a bluetooth connection to there internal BMS so you can see each of the 4 cells within each battery and thus check the cell voltages - this should be done when the batterls are at around 56 volts or 14 to 14.4 volts on any one battery, then check the cells they should all be about 3.5 volts each. if not then that one battery needs top balancing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.