question

daza avatar image
daza asked

ESS ET112 current limiting

Hi guys I need a little help and understanding when it comes to the ET112. So I get this is part of the ESS system is this the limiting device that the DNO talks about as they talk about software or hardware limit?

What do people that have the ET112 set to? as the DNO ask for An import or load limiting device is a piece of hardware and/or software that limits the demand (i.e. the amount of current drawn) of a premises. The device must monitor the full demand of the premises. Please ensure that the Maximum Demand entered on this form reflects the fail-safe setting of the load limiting device.

Is the inverter also a load limiting device as it can only 50amps when no battery storage is there. I’m not totally sure what they are requesting this? if someone could explain so I can get a better understanding I would be grateful. The system that I have in mined would use two ET112’s one for solar PV which I don’t think they are interested in as the solar is already up and running G98 the other ET112 would monitor the hole incoming mains after the CU main switch so whole house like they ask for but I’ve shed two circuits from the Victron that run directly after the ET112 and don’t go though the Victron as they are too power hungry so dryer and washing machine is grid only and not on crit load I’ve left a blank so a future EV setup could also go grid side. Thank you in advance

charge current limitcurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
spazpeker avatar image
spazpeker answered ·

I have the same ET112 on grid and PV

in ESS mine is setup like this

1678797935926.png

1678797970486.png (50.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spazpeker avatar image
spazpeker answered ·

@Daza the import is if you want it less than your system, i have 2x Mult2 5000 so in theory 100amps

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Spazpeker thanks, so the 4000W is a limit you have for export to the grid. I there a limit on import from the grid as well?

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Spazpeker thank you very much and funny enough that’s the battery setup I’m going for

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic