question

richard22 avatar image
richard22 asked

Orion-Tr 12/24-15A DC-DC converter charging two ‘Solar Generators’

I have the above in power supply mode, in my van, nicely providing 200W (24V, 8A) into the MPPT controller of a ‘solar generator’ - BLUETTI/ EcoFlow/ Jackery type system. I have just purchased a second ‘solar generator’. Can I use the Orion’s same output to charge the second unit at the same time as the first? Thanks.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

As long as 15 A current is not exceeded, with two "solar generators", there should be no problem with the Orion-Tr 12/24-15.

You can connect as many devices to the output as you want, as long as a maximum of 360 watts are drawn continuously.

If necessary, you can also connect several Orion in parallel.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richard22 avatar image richard22 commented ·

I think 16A will be drawn in total, but I thought MPPT controllers ‘took’ what was avilable? Should I reduce the Orion’s output to 22.5V (22.5V x 16A = 360W)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jons Collasius avatar image Jons Collasius richard22 commented ·

At max 15 A you are safe, no matter what you connect to the output. Depending on the ambient temperature, you can also use considerably more. At 25 °C, your Orion delivers 18 A continuously and even more peak. Try it, you won't break the Orion in any case.

0 Likes 0 ·
richard22 avatar image richard22 Jons Collasius commented ·
Thank you Jons, appreciate it.
0 Likes 0 ·