question

henrik123 avatar image
henrik123 asked

Using the Smart BatteryProtect with a DPM8624 DC DC converter connected to Inverter

Hello,

Im using a Victron mqtt 100/20 to charge my pylontech us2000c 48V Lifepo battery.

The battery is connected to a Joy-IT JT-DPM8624 DC DC converter which imits the output current to 12,5A, which is then connected to my Growatt 600tl-x grid tie inverter.

The dc dc converter is configured to enable its output on power up.

At night the battery is discharged until the internal bms switches it of, which is 0%.

Obviously discharging to 0% is not good for the battery so I was planning to use a Smart BatteryProtect 48V 100A Module between the DC DC converter and the battery so that it switches if off around 20% charge state.

The manual of the BatteryProtect 48V 100A Module states pretty clearly that is is not allowed to connect the output directly to the inverter.

In my case I would be using a dc dc current limiting converter between the BatteryProtect and the Inverter.

The input capacity of the dc dc is 1000uF.

Do you guys think connecting the BatteryProtect to the DC dc converter would be save?

PylontechBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

The manual of the BatteryProtect 48V 100A Module states pretty clearly that is is not allowed to connect the output directly to the inverter.

This is, because the MultiPlus, MultiPlus-II and the Quattos are Charging-Inverter.

The BatteryProtect do not support reverse current.

However, if your inverter is a stupid one (no configurable low voltage shutdown) and also has no charging capabilities, then you can use of course the BatteryProtect. But be sure the SWITCH-ON current of the Inverter does not exceed the capabilities of the BatteryProtect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.