question

force-1 avatar image
force-1 asked

Solved: False low battery voltage alerts

I have an ESS installation with Multiplus-II 48/5000 and Seplos battery connected via CAN. In low battery SOC (~15%) I see tons of 'Low battery voltage' alerts at rather high voltages (51.25V). DVCC is enabled (with SVS). In the Seplos BMS I don't see any warnings.

In the ESS assistant configuration I have configured the 'Cut off voltage' at 44.8V for all discharge currents. Restart offset is at 1.20V. So I would expect that the low voltage alert is rather at ~46V.

Is there any 'hidden' setting, which triggers the low voltage warning?

remoteconsole-low-volt.png

voltage.png

low battery warning
voltage.png (21.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
force-1 avatar image
force-1 answered ·

Looks like I solved the problem.
Although there were no BMS alerts visible in the Remote Console, I saw a 'Low Capacity alert' when connecting directly to the Seplos BMS. As per the settings this alert was set on 15% SOC and this is exactly what I experienced. I lowered the setting to 8% and now the GX device will allow to discharge until 10% which is my minimum SOC I defined.

I guess all comes down to a 'not perfect' integration between the Seplos BMS and Victron. The low capacity warning from the BMS seems to be incorrectly transmitted (or interpreted) as a 'Low voltage alert' by the GX device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Force_1

My only guess was DC input low pre-alarm in inverter tab of VeConfigure in addition to the ones you already mentioned.

2 |3000

olegv avatar image
olegv answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic