question

Sang avatar image
Sang asked

Multiplus keeps resetting charge settings to 0amp current

HI all,

My Multiplus keeps resetting the charge current setting to 0 amps. Every time this happens i have to connect to it via VEConfig using a MK3-USB cable and manually change the settings back to 100amps and then it works fine.

When this happens the charge LED indicator on the Multiplus show's it's charging and the Cerbo GX shows it's in Bulk mode. Everything seems to be fine except the charge current is 0amps.

Multiplus works fine on mains 240v.

It's an old Multiplus and Victron stop supporting years ago so the latest firmware update is 1909209.

I have a feeling it's the Cerbo that's resetting it but not sure how or why.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue please?

- Multiplus 12/3000/120

- Cerbo GX

- 4 x 100/50 smartsolar

-1200ah DIY lifepo4 pack

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sang avatar image
Sang answered ·

anyone? surely someone has had this issue as i've seen it on a friends MP also.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It is only possible for the cerbo to change the input current limit on an inverter if the box is checked. So I would think something else is afoot.

What the cerbo can do usually is tell the inverter not to charge, but with the older firmware on the inverter this is not actually supported. (DVCC is the mechanism used now on the newer units with newer firmware)

how else is the system programmed?

0 Likes 0 ·