question

Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc asked

"Range is in the Past" Pop-up

I do not understand VRM message "Range is in the Past" message. Yes I know it is in the past so what? Isn't it the purpose of the Custom range? My goal was to compare a month of data last year with a month of data this year. When I enter the "custom range" for February of 2022 and I get that pop-up and the data does not appear to be recalculated for it... Any reason?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Jmarc

You're right it should be able to show prior data. The only thing i can think of is maybe you've got your custom range the wrong way around?

ie instead of From 01/02/2022 To: 31/02/2022.

And you've instead maybe you've got From: 31/02/2022 To: 01/02/2022

That's my only guess. If that's not it do you mind sharing a screenshot we might be able to spot something else causing the issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Data isn't kept for ever. I've a feeling you only have 6 months or so.

1 comment
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Just checked I've got VRM data longer than 6months. However @kevgermany is right that still might be the case that there's a time limit. To be safe might want to start downloading the data regularly.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jmarc avatar image
Jmarc answered ·

Hi,

Yes you are both correct....

1) I was too far in the past and effectively some of the detail data is not available. It seems that global data have a longer retention period such as battery voltage but individual unit data are not.

2) if you too far in the past it takes a little bit for the data to be retrieved. So click happy person like me do not see it... But yes sometime too having the range reversed does not help....

Thank you for your response.

2 |3000