question

ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble asked

Color Control GX system connections...please verify :)

I am doing a major upgrade to my system and would like comments and suggestions on my plan for monitoring the system through my existing Color Control GX.

System Components (all updated to latest firmware) -

• 1 x Color Control GX (CCGX)

• 1 x MPPT 150/70 – TR (CC#1)

• 1 x MPPT 150/70 – Tr VE.Can (CC#2)

• 2 x Quattro 48/5000/70 120V (Inverter#1, Inverter#2...Split Phase)

• 1 x Lynx Shunt

1. My MPPTs cannot be synchronized (daisy chained) because only one has the VE.Can connection port. But, both can be set-up in parallel (via PowerIn) with the same charge parameters to provide power to the system.

2. Both of my MPPTs will be connected separately to my CCGX via VE.Direct cables. CC#1 → CCGX VE.Direct#1, CC#2 → CCGX VE.Direct#2.

3. The two Quattros can be “daisy chained” via a RJ45 UTP cable and a terminator will occupy the open port on Inverter#2.

4. Inverter#1 will be connected to the CCGX via a RJ45 UTP cable to a CCGX VE.Bus port.

5. Lynx Shunt VE.Can port will be connected to the CCGX via a RJ45 UTP cable to a CCGX VE.Can port and a terminator will occupy the open port on the Lynx Shunt and the open port on the CCGX .

6. CCGX also connected to home Wifi.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AHTrimble

You don't need a terminator in the VE Bus, just the VE Can.

But the rest is all good.

Do you have a WiFi dongle for the CCGX?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ahtrimble avatar image ahtrimble commented ·
Dang...you got me! And I knew that only VE.Can needed the terminator :( Too early in the morning I guess.

But, great job on that catch!!!! I appreciate the feedback a whole bunch!!

Yes, I have the Wifi dongle, just didn't mention it in #6.

Going to use the VRM portal as well. Although, I am never away from home long enough to use the Internet access. I just like its availability at the kitchen table :)

Any other thoughts????

And, thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ahtrimble commented ·
Not at the moment, sounds like you got it together.

Vrm is nice for more than remote monitoring, you will also be seeing history what areas to improve in set up or tweak useage. You can also see if the performance is down.

1 Like 1 ·
ahtrimble avatar image ahtrimble Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you for the nice compliment :)

And sorry, "monitoring" for me means all that history stuff...and the production and consumption information was the primary deciding basis for the major upgrade I am in the process of. Well, and another motivator...not being able to run the ACs and the air fryer at the same time ;)

0 Likes 0 ·