question

eamonno avatar image
eamonno asked

How is the MultiPlus powered….battery or AC?

I’ve had my multiplus2 5000 with Pylontech 4x3000C dff89ffe-d16a-459c-a52b-7e0cc36d11a2.pngfor several months now, and I have a question….

0d791f49-d974-4108-a692-160bc89e5995.png

I’m seeing a small level of consumption from the grid, when there is plenty of KWH available in the battery. The OctopusGO bill detailed below is absolutely typical: battery fills up at night time, and with the available solar this particular day, there should have been no need for the trickle which was bought from the grid in nearly every half-hour period. And the load certainly didn’t exceed 5KwH At any time.

What am I missing here? It’s not big bucks, but it’s about 10% of my bill.

Is there a setting which I’ve missed?

Thanks

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Firstly, if the grid setpoint is 50W in ESS, there will always be a slight draw. Play around a bit with it, but also don't expect miracles as loads are constantly varying and the systen has to adjust accordingly. Secondly, the the MP-II is actually 4.4 kW and when using ACOUT for loads, then only 4kW. Lastly ramping up when loads increases can result in some brief blip in grid consumptio, which all add up in the end. If you are using an ET112 you may consider a CT which improves on this a bit. (worth searching the forum on the topic)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.